Martial Arts masters, Billy and Jimmy Lee (AKA Hammer and Spike), must defeat the savage street gang known as the Black Warriors to rescue Billy's girlfriend, Marian.
Marion has been taken away by the Black (or Shadow) Warriors and is being held hostage. If the game is being played by two people, both players can fight enemies throughout the game, but they are also able to hurt each other. When both players finally reach the end of the game, there is a one-on-one fight between the two to see who wins the girl.
Players advance through four stages. You start in a street, move into a factory, through a jungle/forest then end up in a castle. There are a variety of moves such as back-kicks, elbows, head-butts, uppercuts, kneeling in the face and throws. You can steal weapons from enemies such as knives, clubs, whips and dynamite among others and use them against any of the enemies. You can also use oil drums, crates and big rocks to throw at your enemies. Not much else to do except walk along and beat the crap out of anyone in your way until you finish the game.
The third level is quite long, so unless you have played the game a lot you may not be able to complete this stage within the time limit, in which case you will lose a life. There are also instant die situations when you must jump over a bridge and holes.
The fourth level is very short. It only contains about six enemies!
The player can play either Billy (blue, blonde, and blue eyes, player 1), or Jimmy (red, brunette, and green eyes, player 2)
* Williams - Generic punk. Not very strong but he wields a variety of weapons such as baseball bats, dynamite and daggers.
* Lopar - He is a bit stronger than Williams and likes to throw away stuff like oil drums, rocks and boxes.
* Lindas - Female punk who usually carries a whip. She's very fragile and does not appear as often as the other enemies.
* Bolo - The big guy. He's very strong and likes to throw away people. Abobo - The first boss, who bears a resemblance to Mr. T. He's just like Bolo. A green version of Abobo appears in the end of Mission 3.
* Jeff - The second boss. This guy looks just like your character and he is every bit as good. He can easily escape from your grasp.
* Willy - The big boss. Armed with a machine gun and not afraid to use it.
Class: Wide Release
Genre: Scrolling Fighter
Type: Video game
* Orientation: Horizontal
* Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
* CRT: Color
Conversion Class: JAMMA
Number of Simultaneous Players: 2
Maximum number of Players: 2
Game play: Either
Control Panel Layout: Multiple Player
* Joystick: 8-way
* Buttons: 3
Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)
* 1 - Double Dragon JAMMA PCB
Click to view Hi-Res picture of this type Board
* Board has been fully tested, inspected, stability tested for min. of 4 hours.
** This game works perfectly in any Standard JAMMA cabinet.
- JAMMA Full Cabinet Wiring Harness Loom - Newly Updated!
- 60-in-1 iCade Classic Multigame JAMMA PCB - Original
- CGA/EGA/YUV to VGA Arcade HD-Converter PCB (GBS-8220)
- JAMMA Extender Harness - Newly Updated
- 15A Arcade Switching Power Supply with Digital Display - 110W
- 56 Pin Card Edge Connector (3.96mm/.156 pitch)
- CPS-2/3 Battery Replacement
- PCB Mounting Feet - Set of 4
- Player 1 START Pushbutton with Horizontal Microswitch
- Pushbutton with Horizontal Microswitch (RED)